Due to the ongoing Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic,
we inform you that the dates of the Philippe Rotthier Architecture Prize will unfortunately not be able to take place on the scheduled dates.
The deadline for the reception of entries has been postponed to 31 August 2020.
A new date is to be determined for the meeting of the jury.
Meanwhile we thank you very much and wish you good luck for the next weeks.
The 2020 Philippe Rotthier European Prize will reward architecture, projects and urban developments that, true to the wishes of its founder, are sensitive to and inspired by the spirit of the place and that contribute to respect for the planet. The Prize will reward works produced during the last five years.
The jury will be particularly attentive to works that:
- Are locally based and are not interchangeable
- Seek to integrate rural and urban contexts and to avoid dislocation and provocation
- Make maximum possible use of natural materials and traditional and ecological methods
- Take into account local practices and customs
- Generate public spaces recognisable by all (streets, paths, avenues, squares, etc.)
- Favour a mixity of activities and limited mechanical circulation
- Reject social segregation in favour of mixed use buildings in which social housing is imperceptibly integrated
- Use land economically and the countryside sparingly